Friday, August 22, 2014

"Weird Al" is the King of Parodies

I was very excited to see that Weird Al had returned with a new album. I have been a fan since the early 1980's when my friend introduced me to this amazing artist. The first song I remember is "Eat It".

Alfred Matthew Yankovic has been making people laugh since 1976. He has sold over 12 million albums.

In a world of YouTube and Facebook, Weird Al still stands out! He is not just a person making a funny song. He is a comedic genius making a parody. His songs show both class and thought. Many people who make parodies today just look for something that they can exploit and get a few laughs. Weird Al creates songs that make you think and enjoy yourself. He not only parodies the music and lyrics but he also parodies the sound and style of the words. 

"Weird Al" please keep doing what you are doing. I will never forget having to pull over to the side of the road and compose myself before I could continue driving the first time I heard "A Complicated Song". 

In my opinion you are the king at what you do... and what you do is entertain!
Weird Al's Tacky a Parody of Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment